Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Red Sox Nation -Check In (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15635)

MedicCook 04-07-2010 09:06 PM

Re: Red Sox Nation -Check In

Great series between the Yankees and Red Sox. All three games were close and could have gone either way. Hopefully we will be treated to 15 more close and entertaining games this season.

Subvet642 04-08-2010 06:45 AM

Time to deal Pap while we can still get something for him.

PeteSB75 04-08-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 821325)

You really think we can get something for him? His contract is up at the end of this season. I say sit him and let Lowell DH, since we're paying for him anyway. Was a good series but we've got to win the ones at home.

Bruins Fan 04-08-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 821325)

I agree he has turned into a one trick pony just throwing fastballs.
Hitters just key on the fastball, lets face it if you can't hit a fastball you don't belong in the Bigs.
The guy got a bad attitude he just cares about getting paid.
Last year he was questioned about his shoulder because his fastball was down, he said he was holding back, that's bull bring it all or go home.
Move him and Ortiz and I would be a happy camper.

Bruins Fan 04-08-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteSB75 (Post 821399)
You really think we can get something for him? His contract is up at the end of this season. I say sit him and let Lowell DH, since we're paying for him anyway. Was a good series but we've got to win the ones at home.

I'm pretty sure he is under contract another year? Oh I thought you meant Pap, yes Ortiz is up after this season.

Mugen910 04-08-2010 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought this was funny.

Subvet642 04-08-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 821414)
I'm pretty sure he is under contract another year? Oh I thought you meant Pap, yes Ortiz is up after this season.

Yeah, I mean Papelbon. I'd give Papi a little time; most of his problems last year seem to have been with his mechanics as a result of his injuries. If he has that figured out, he might be OK. Papelbon, on the other hand, is just throwing meatballs and at this point, I'd trade him for a ham sandwich. He scared the crap out of me last year; I don't know how he managed to put up the numbers he did. Bard should close.

PeteSB75 04-08-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 821490)
Yeah, I mean Papelbon. I'd give Papi a little time; most of his problems last year seem to have been with his mechanics as a result of his injuries. If he has that figured out, he might be OK. Papelbon, on the other hand, is just throwing meatballs and at this point, I'd trade him for a ham sandwich. He scared the crap out of me last year; I don't know how he managed to put up the numbers he did. Bard should close.

Ah, gotcha. I don't know if I'd get rid of Papelbon yet. He's only on a 1 year deal anyway, and I don't know that Bard is ready to be the closer, though he's looked damn good the last few times I've seen him. Really impressive with speed and control. But if Papelbon blows many more like last night, I wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted to the bullpen and Bard picking up closing duties. Couple more good prospects coming up, Casey Kelly and Tazawa(Tommy John surgery) both have potential.

Subvet642 04-08-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteSB75 (Post 821533)
Ah, gotcha. I don't know if I'd get rid of Papelbon yet. He's only on a 1 year deal anyway, and I don't know that Bard is ready to be the closer, though he's looked damn good the last few times I've seen him. Really impressive with speed and control. But if Papelbon blows many more like last night, I wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted to the bullpen and Bard picking up closing duties. Couple more good prospects coming up, Casey Kelly and Tazawa(Tommy John surgery) both have potential.

The number of saves that he had last season have nothing to do with his ability, it was all luck and defense. He gave up way too many walks and hits.

tupacboy 04-13-2010 05:44 PM

red sox nation west!

bard might make papelbon expendable... papelbon reminds me of k-rod... doesn't start pitching till he has a couple of runners on... ended up costing us last year

tupacboy 04-13-2010 05:45 PM

forgot to ask.. does anyone here go to sonny's on the westside near ucla? i used to go there all the time when i went to ucla... now i go maybe 3-4 times a year...

Bruins Fan 04-13-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tupacboy (Post 827226)
forgot to ask.. does anyone here go to sonny's on the westside near ucla? i used to go there all the time when i went to ucla... now i go maybe 3-4 times a year...

Never been, but I would make it a point to stop in if I ever get back out west :tu

tupacboy 04-13-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 827332)
Never been, but I would make it a point to stop in if I ever get back out west :tu

sonny's a must for any boston fan on the west coast:

http://www.sonnymcleans.com/

Bruins Fan 04-18-2010 03:47 PM

What a sorry looking team this is, Ortiz cant even hit a pop up to win a game Drew not hitting his weight.
Heads must roll. If Francona don't want to hurt the players feelings, it's time for him to go?
This team is painful to watch :td

TripleF 04-18-2010 03:49 PM

Can I inject something here? I'm glad to live in Tampa Bay right now......sall I'm sayin.

Bruins Fan 04-18-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleF (Post 831885)
Can I inject something here? I'm glad to live in Tampa Bay right now......sall I'm sayin.

:tg :D

TripleF 04-18-2010 03:58 PM

:D

The Poet 04-19-2010 02:21 PM

And the best part about living in Tampa is that, once the Rays stumble, the fans can always dig out their Yankee caps again. :r

dunng 04-19-2010 07:49 PM

I was there and it sucked... how can you lose on Marathon Monday!?!?

TripleF 04-19-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 832590)
And the best part about living in Tampa is that, once the Rays stumble, the fans can always dig out their Yankee caps again. :r

Very true.....but I got a funny feeling about this year......I just do.